Tall tales...and other poop related news
Addison, as it turns out, has a great imagination (either that or there is some television show or movie that she has watched recently that I have no idea about).
Beginning last Friday we potty trained Addison (hallelujah for fast learners). She has done SO well and caught on in only a day!
The funniest part of the whole thing though is how Addison has made up this whole scenario to help her with the pooping thing.
I think it was either Sunday or Monday night that she was sitting on the potty going poop, and I was gathering the clothes for her to get dressed for bed.
She started hollering, "Mom, Mom! There is a dinosaur!"
"A dinosaur?" I replied enthusiastically! "Wow! Where is the dinosaur?"
"It's in the potty! Look!!! Look!!"
So I looked, and right as I was looking she looked too and then looked at me and said, "Well, actually it's a lizard."
It was very matter of fact, and very Addisonesque with the sideways cock of her head and serious look on her face.
I could hardly contain the laughter that was welling up in me. But I somehow managed to just smile and say..."Oh...that IS a lizard! I'm so proud of you!" Which delighted her to no end....because it "made me happy!!!"
Over the last few days, the story has expanded. When she is trying to poop she declares that the dinosaur is "sleeping and needs to wake up!" and then when she feels it is headed towards the toilet she says, that the dinosaur is "waking up!" and then other times, when she is having a little more difficulty she will tell me that she needs to "open the door for the dinosaur (or lizard)" Even more recently she has added a little mime action as if she is holding a key and states that she has to "open the door ... on her booty" and she puts her hand back near her "booty" pretending to open a lock with a key. She pulls her hand back to the front and says..."it's open now, he is waking up!"
The only thing Steve and I could imagine was that she was being taught this at school as a help aid. Some form of made up game/story to help the kids that needed to do #2 and they wanted them to hurry. But when I asked her teachers about it on Thursday, neither of them had any clue what I was talking about and were quite amused at the imagination our little red head has.
We always knew she was funny...we just never knew HOW silly and imaginative she is, just thought she was more of a parrot. She may actually have a little bit of her theatre junky mommy hiding in that little Steve face afterall. ;)
Beginning last Friday we potty trained Addison (hallelujah for fast learners). She has done SO well and caught on in only a day!
The funniest part of the whole thing though is how Addison has made up this whole scenario to help her with the pooping thing.
I think it was either Sunday or Monday night that she was sitting on the potty going poop, and I was gathering the clothes for her to get dressed for bed.
She started hollering, "Mom, Mom! There is a dinosaur!"
"A dinosaur?" I replied enthusiastically! "Wow! Where is the dinosaur?"
"It's in the potty! Look!!! Look!!"
So I looked, and right as I was looking she looked too and then looked at me and said, "Well, actually it's a lizard."
It was very matter of fact, and very Addisonesque with the sideways cock of her head and serious look on her face.
I could hardly contain the laughter that was welling up in me. But I somehow managed to just smile and say..."Oh...that IS a lizard! I'm so proud of you!" Which delighted her to no end....because it "made me happy!!!"
Over the last few days, the story has expanded. When she is trying to poop she declares that the dinosaur is "sleeping and needs to wake up!" and then when she feels it is headed towards the toilet she says, that the dinosaur is "waking up!" and then other times, when she is having a little more difficulty she will tell me that she needs to "open the door for the dinosaur (or lizard)" Even more recently she has added a little mime action as if she is holding a key and states that she has to "open the door ... on her booty" and she puts her hand back near her "booty" pretending to open a lock with a key. She pulls her hand back to the front and says..."it's open now, he is waking up!"
The only thing Steve and I could imagine was that she was being taught this at school as a help aid. Some form of made up game/story to help the kids that needed to do #2 and they wanted them to hurry. But when I asked her teachers about it on Thursday, neither of them had any clue what I was talking about and were quite amused at the imagination our little red head has.
We always knew she was funny...we just never knew HOW silly and imaginative she is, just thought she was more of a parrot. She may actually have a little bit of her theatre junky mommy hiding in that little Steve face afterall. ;)
Comments
too cute!