Blue? pink? or little white pills?

We are at a crossroad in our lives.  
In September I declared that I was in for ONE MORE MONTH and that was it on the baby making stuff.  We would try that month - and let the chips fall where they may.  I will be 35 in June and this is the last month that we had to have a baby "before the dreaded 35".  This has been my cut off age for wanting to have anymore kids since the beginning of this adventure.  I held out very small expectations that anything would come of it and had accepted that Shayna and Addison were it for us.  Not that I am complaining cause they are a wonderful "it" to have.  Both girls just rock my world!

However, God has a funny way of working sometimes.  On Friday, my "aunt" was all of about three hours late arriving - so I did what I always do, I grabbed a handy dandy pregnancy test and figured that once I got the negative result my aunt would appear shortly.  Isn't that how it always works?  It's like taking the test just "gets the ball rolling" so to speak.  

Much to my MASSIVE surprise - a second pink line appeared rather quickly!  I was in shock for about an hour - I picked up the test about two dozen times just to make sure I hadn't just been seeing things.  I sure didn't feel pregnant, which is very odd for me.  I usually know about a week before the test will show positive that it will be positive.  

Anyway, after the shock wore off, I made the obligatory call to my AWESOME Ob/Gyn's office *Michelle Heintges for anyone who needs the most awesome doctor in town* to get the early pregnancy monitoring started.  By now, 7 pregnancies post Tubal Reversal surgery - I am totally down with the routine...and so are they.  I went to the lab, got my first blood draw that day.  The wait....ugh...the waiting on results is always the hardest for me.  
Especially when things go the way they always seem to go for me.   My results from the first draw wouldn't be in until Monday at which time it would be time for another blood draw.  

Well, on Saturday, I began bleeding and it didn't stop.  Sigh...here we go again.  So Monday I drag unexcitedly to the lab for my second draw.  My first labs came back with beta HCG level of 38.  Todays would undoubtedly be around the same or possibly getting lower with the spotting all weekend.  Much to my surprise (again) the results came in yesterday that I am still pregnant and the numbers are rising exactly as they should be so far!  They came back at 81!  

Now, I don't know how this will turn out.  It could still go south given that I am still having spotting every day all day...but I get another draw today and we are praying for a number of 162 or higher!!!  I have started having some of the normal early pregnancy symptoms now - but still spotting, so this could truly go either way as far as I can tell.  But Our God is a God of miracles and I am soooo praying for one!  

This is a time of uncertainty for sure.  Will we be planning for blue this time?  Or will we get another precious pink princess?  Or, perhaps it is time for the little white pills and some finality to this very long, hormone filled chapter in our lives.  Time will tell....here is that patience test again - God clearly isn't finished working with me on this yet. haha

Comments

Cari said…
You are in my thoughts and prayers!! XOXO!! Cari
Kristina said…
OH Dayna.. I'm praying hard that this little one sticks for good!!! If you need anything please let me know!! even if you need me to watch Addison while you go to the doctors, If i'm awake.. i'll do it! please keep posting or texting as you find out info so I know what to be praying for!! love ya!
Jonna said…
Praying, Praying and Praying!!!

BTW-I can't believe you didn't suspect it since you were so tired. Even I thought you were preggo!
Starrlett said…
I'm praying hard for you guys right now!!!
Diana said…
Dayna - any news from today's draws - I am thinking about you and praying for this little baby!!!! I am laughing at Jonna's remarks - I thought she was pregnant TOO because she was so tired!!!!:) LOL!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Tall tales...and other poop related news

Do you like fruit snacks?

Fall visit to Aroboretum