The beginnings of THE CAKES!

Well folks, the excitement has begun! I officially started Addison's FIRST BIRTHDAY CAKE!
Ahhhh...I can not believe how quickly one year has passed! She is getting so big! She walks, babbles, does sign language (and pics up on new signs very quickly) and is in general, just a precious little PRINCESS! Which brings me to the theme of her party.

The princess will have a beautiful (hopefully) two layer castle cake with a princess barbie cake for her smash cake! I am very excited about making these as they will be my most extensive cake endeavors to date. I am also, however, very nervous about how they will turn out. I have never worked with Fondant before - nor have I made a two tier cake yet. But here I go, on my way to doing it!

Today, Shayna and I began the first steps for the Princess' castle cake and made about 300 pink fondant flowers! They turned out great as far as I can tell! I am so anxious to start the rest I can hardly stand it. Tonight, in a few minutes I will make a batch of royal icing so I can make the flowers for the barbie dress and hair as well as icing parts of the castle roof-line and spires.

Pictures of the progress will get posted - probably tomorrow - since I just bought a new camera today and need to do the first upload to post them. :)

Comments

Mai said…
Aww Happy (advanced) 1st birthday Addison!
-Mylene
Cari said…
That is so awesome! Can't wait to see it!
Stephanie said…
I can't wait to see the cake!!
So Addison is on the move now, huh? I love it, little Grayson is all over the place, it cracks me up everytime I see him on the go.
Unless I get canceled Saturday, we will not be able to make it. Nobody is willing to trade days with me!!! So I may have to still work. POOP!
I'll let you know if I get canceled.
Chat with you soon, HUGS, Steph
Sharee Forman said…
Wow, wow, wow, is all I can say. I am VERY impressed and I HAVE to see this cake when it's done. When is Addison's official bday?!

Popular posts from this blog

Tall tales...and other poop related news

Blue? pink? or little white pills?

What will be....will be