Scarborough Faire
Today - yes - Saturday - my family celebrated Mother's Day!
After years of fighting crowds in restaurants on "Mother's Day" - getting cruddy service cause they are trying to rush everyone in and out since the waits are so long for the after church crowd - and just in general thinking the day was a bit over blown and rushed. I asked Steve if we could "celebrate" the day on Saturday this year instead.
Being the control freak that I am, I had already purchased my own mother's day gift - I know - I suck...but I found something I wanted so I bought it! So I was leaving the planning of anything else up to my sweet husband and my girlie pie *obviously the older one cause the youngest is too young to have an opinion other than "more" or "no"*
They did an AWESOME job! They wouldn't tell me where we were going until we got there - but you know me and my "psychic" abilities (hehe) - I had it figured out...but since I wasn't "for sure" I kept not guessing. :) It's way more fun that way anyway.
We pulled in to Scarborough Faire and I was OVERJOYED! I love to go there about once every 5 years or so and it has been at least that long since the last time we went. We had a great time! Shayna brought her friend Morgan and they rode a camel and fed an elephant. Addison and I rode an Elephant together - so much fun...even Addison enjoyed it! Mostly, it was just relaxing and fun to get out of the house and do something with the family. We created memories today that I will hold dear for the rest of my life!
I loved my special day and I loved that they planned it for me - knowing that I would love doing exactly what we did!




Now Shayna has 4 friends (including her boyfriend EEK) ;) - and they are all in the front room watching a movie and having a good time while I am squirreled away in my bedroom about to watch an episode or two of Heroes from Season two before taking her friends back to their houses for the night. I had told the kids I would take them all TP'ing tonight - but here we are on the eve of Mother's Day with massive thunderstorms expected tonight. I had to go ahead and take back my word and promise them that we would do it in a few weeks instead. Bummer - but I feel much better about doing it on a night that won't rain and a night that won't leave a bunch of moms bummed when they wake up to "their" day with a front yard full of TP! lol.
After years of fighting crowds in restaurants on "Mother's Day" - getting cruddy service cause they are trying to rush everyone in and out since the waits are so long for the after church crowd - and just in general thinking the day was a bit over blown and rushed. I asked Steve if we could "celebrate" the day on Saturday this year instead.
Being the control freak that I am, I had already purchased my own mother's day gift - I know - I suck...but I found something I wanted so I bought it! So I was leaving the planning of anything else up to my sweet husband and my girlie pie *obviously the older one cause the youngest is too young to have an opinion other than "more" or "no"*
They did an AWESOME job! They wouldn't tell me where we were going until we got there - but you know me and my "psychic" abilities (hehe) - I had it figured out...but since I wasn't "for sure" I kept not guessing. :) It's way more fun that way anyway.
We pulled in to Scarborough Faire and I was OVERJOYED! I love to go there about once every 5 years or so and it has been at least that long since the last time we went. We had a great time! Shayna brought her friend Morgan and they rode a camel and fed an elephant. Addison and I rode an Elephant together - so much fun...even Addison enjoyed it! Mostly, it was just relaxing and fun to get out of the house and do something with the family. We created memories today that I will hold dear for the rest of my life!
I loved my special day and I loved that they planned it for me - knowing that I would love doing exactly what we did!

Now Shayna has 4 friends (including her boyfriend EEK) ;) - and they are all in the front room watching a movie and having a good time while I am squirreled away in my bedroom about to watch an episode or two of Heroes from Season two before taking her friends back to their houses for the night. I had told the kids I would take them all TP'ing tonight - but here we are on the eve of Mother's Day with massive thunderstorms expected tonight. I had to go ahead and take back my word and promise them that we would do it in a few weeks instead. Bummer - but I feel much better about doing it on a night that won't rain and a night that won't leave a bunch of moms bummed when they wake up to "their" day with a front yard full of TP! lol.
Comments