DANGER DANGER!

Lock me away! I am officially a danger to my house, husband or bank account! Perhaps all three of those things would be a more accurate assessment!

I am still deep in the throws of the preparation work on my concrete floor and can't stop myself from seeing all of the other things that I need to change in there "while I'm at it!" I am so invigorated by the ideas and the research that I can't stop thinking about it. I stand and just stare at the cabinets - sometimes for more than 30 minutes at a time - wondering what paint color or faux finish would look better than the ugly white they are now....and if I do that, well wouldn't it be great timing to go ahead and add handles and knobs to the doors and cabinets on it too. Of course, since I'm going to be adding handles and knobs to my newly painted cabinets, and those will certainly not be brass - I guess I need to go ahead and change door handles on the other doors in the room as well.

Then there is the light strip at the top of the mirror which is boldly brass - that's gonna have to go and be replaced with something far more suited to the new trendier environment and silver knobs and handles. Now, once I do all of this I certainly can't leave the ugly unframed builders mirror in place can I? I mean - wouldn't it be great to incorporate TWO large framed mirrors instead? I'm thinking this would look soooo much nicer!

Then because there would be this nice gap between the two mirrors there would be a GREAT space to do a build out of a cabinet to ceiling storage area. I'm thinking dark wood - doors with pretty glass - a place to store all my STUFF without having it out on the bathroom cabinets.

Next I see the shower and jacuzzi tub - both perfectly fine in their own right - but wouldn't it be great to just complete the whole "look" and have them retiled? *they are currently tiled in those ugly 4 inch shiny white squares that are sooo 15 years ago*. I found a really pretty tile I like, so question is - how much will it cost to get it done ... cause this is one project I will not do myself.

Then there is the final *necessity* - if we retile the shower and tub area we certainly can not leave the brass trimmed glass shower in place. It would HAVE to GO! I mean come on - you can't have a totally redone bathroom, with brushed silver trim everywhere else and then leave a circa 1980 brass and glass shower in place. Right?

Yeah....I'm totally obsessing over this whole thing and wondering what type of job I need to get to start funding all of this...cause don't even get me started on what this whole thing has left me wanting to do in my kitchen! LOL

Time for the straight jacket you think?

Comments

Stephanie said…
I think it's time for lithium!! haha!! You are crazy girl! Just when I thought I was a little OCD, you top me off. Can't wait to see the finished product. I know it will be AWESOME!
Takin' the boys to the doc, allergies are just wearing them out. Call you tonight,
HUGS Steph
julie mosley said…
I'm laughing because I have had that exact stream of thoughts about redecorating!
Anonymous said…
Why are women so obsessed with replacing things when it worked just fine, and then it has to match other things that are not even worn out or broken. What is wrong with brass? May be I too will be replaced soon, I am soooo so so old.

Opa(-and-granna)

Popular posts from this blog

Tall tales...and other poop related news

Do you like fruit snacks?

Fall visit to Aroboretum