NEVER say NEVER

When talking to other mothers over the years, you always hear stories - stories that make you say "WOW!" I can't believe what that poor mom had to deal with! Thank goodness my sweet baby will NEVER do anything like that...I would just DIE!

Well, to my dear sweet friend Diana W. - let me EAT MY WORDS! I always believed when I heard the stories of Maci's poo poo crib escapades that nothing of the sort would EVER happen to me! No way, not in a million years!
Ummm...nnyeah! So here is my story - may you read it and laugh - knowing that I giggled and snickered at you even while sympathizing with what you were going through.

Last night we were out nice and late - something we pretty much never do. I was up till 2:30ish this morning winding down after a fun evening with friends. Finally, I fall fast asleep hoping against all hope that Addison would sleep in till around 8 so I could get a decent amount of rest.

At 6:30am on the nose I begin hearing noise over the monitor. Which I mostly ignored in an effort to squeeze in just a little more rest before being forced out of my comfy cozy bed. By 6:45am I'm hearing more persistent murmurings "poo poo" "poo poo" "NO! NO! NO! Yucky poo poo!"

Alright alright....she must have made a mess in her diaper and who could blame the little princess for not wanting to sit in that.
So I hop out of bed and run on up there ... I open the door and say my usual "HI HAPPY NAPPER!" followed by "Do we need to change your diaper sweetie?" And then....IT HIT ME! I understood all in one quick instant exactly why she was so bothered by the "poo poo!"

NO! NO! NO! This is not happening to me! Really...it can't be! Please Lord, tell my I am not seeing what I think I am seeing!
Addison had her diaper still on - but had dug quite a lot of her own poo poo out of the diaper and had smeared it all over herself, her legs, her face, her arms, her hands, her sheets and baby dolls - YOU NAME IT - there was poo poo on it!

Let me just go on record to say - I will never again say that my child will NEVER do something...and I will be VERY CAREFUL at which stories I giggle when my friends share their horror stories! Just when you think it will never happen to you...IT DOES!

Here's hoping this was the first and the last of our little poo poo artistry escapades!

Comments

Kristina said…
Dayna, thats hilarious. I totally played it all out while you were telling. That must have been a pain to clean up! sorry.
Stephanie said…
OMG!! Let me just say, I am sorry and hope to never experience what you did this AM....OMG!! I would FREAK OUT!
Diana said…
LOL!!!!!!!!! YOU SO DESERVE IT....you jinxed (sp???) yourself there girlfriend...:)))

Word to the wise, keep her out of a pack and play...

Mesh + Poop = DISASTER!!!!

I have truly never seen a child love self made play-doh as much as Maci did....EWWWWW...should have taken pictures for the rehearsal dinner!

Popular posts from this blog

Tall tales...and other poop related news

Blue? pink? or little white pills?

What will be....will be