The Girl Who Cried POO POO

A child goes through many "phases" with their words it seems.
Addison's started with "da-da" "mama" and "HI" - progressed to the ever hilarious "STUCK" and "George"- and now we are in yet another phase.
This phase includes a very wide vocabulary with words such as "Shayna" & "chocolate" but the primary words that come out of her mouth these days are "NO NO NO" and "poo poo".

Now, I know what all you mothers are thinking. YAY! This child is ready to start potty training! That's what I thought too! Having had Shayna potty train at such an early age, I thought for sure that the transition to this new word all the time meant that some action was either soon to follow or had already happened and she was informing me. Umm...no. That is not the case. Apparently this child just likes the sound of it (and the reaction she gets when she says it!) cause nine times out of ten there is no poo poo in site, nor does she have ANY desire WHATSOEVER to sit on the potty! Any mention of "do you need to poo poo? Do you want to sit on the potty?" will elicit the other favorite phrase of hers "NO NO NO NO!!!" and a quick run in the opposite direction! (Only to be followed by a grabbing of the diaper and another POO POO?!!?)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! It is hilarious - and I'm sure will be even more so when we look back on it in future years. :)
We have dubbed her "The girl who cried Poo Poo!"

Comments

Liberty said…
Hey, who can blame the girl. I often use the more explicit term for "poo poo" just because *I* like the sound of it.

Aww, POOP!

Popular posts from this blog

Tall tales...and other poop related news

Do you like fruit snacks?

Fall visit to Aroboretum