Books, books, books...
I love to read. It has long been a passion of mine, a passion that I have unfortunately not followed consistently throughout the years.
A few years ago however, I made a new years resolution (one that I did not keep I might add haha) that I would read 6 books that year. I did not complete six books that year, but I did get the ball rolling again. The books I did read got my juices flowing again and got me craving more.
The next year I read six books in just a few months...last year I read The Bible nightly until mid June - then I started reading "The Shack" and that started my cycle of fiction reading back up again. This year, I have already read The Host and am halfway through "Sarah's Key" (this was a random pick that I just grabbed off the shelf at Target because it looked good - it turns out it is better than good - this book is such a page turner that I can hardly stand to put down!)
I am planning to pack in the books this year - there is just nothing better (well, okay, almost nothing *snicker*) than settling into a nice warm and cozy bed with a good book. I also am planning to do daily readings in His word so that I can finish what I started last year and read the Bible from cover to cover in two years.
I will post up about the books I am reading when they are note worthy - so on that note - If you are looking for a good book, might I suggest "Sarah's Key".
I'm off to read more!
A few years ago however, I made a new years resolution (one that I did not keep I might add haha) that I would read 6 books that year. I did not complete six books that year, but I did get the ball rolling again. The books I did read got my juices flowing again and got me craving more.
The next year I read six books in just a few months...last year I read The Bible nightly until mid June - then I started reading "The Shack" and that started my cycle of fiction reading back up again. This year, I have already read The Host and am halfway through "Sarah's Key" (this was a random pick that I just grabbed off the shelf at Target because it looked good - it turns out it is better than good - this book is such a page turner that I can hardly stand to put down!)
I am planning to pack in the books this year - there is just nothing better (well, okay, almost nothing *snicker*) than settling into a nice warm and cozy bed with a good book. I also am planning to do daily readings in His word so that I can finish what I started last year and read the Bible from cover to cover in two years.
I will post up about the books I am reading when they are note worthy - so on that note - If you are looking for a good book, might I suggest "Sarah's Key".
I'm off to read more!
Comments
I have been a fan of Jodi Picoult for a long time now. Have you read any of her books?
I don't think I have read any Jodi Picoult - I will have to check her out!