Hachooy and other boogery things
Steve and I went ahead and made the drive back home with Addison on Thursday night.
He was getting a sore throat, I have had a very dry and yet runny nose, and Addison was growing more and more congested and worn out by the minute. I had hoped that she would get a good nights sleep once at home in her own bed. That wasn't necessarily the case though. She still woke up a few times during the night and struggled a little with sleep.
This morning she woke up and seemed in decent spirits and didn't sound too bad so I went ahead and drove back out to the lake with her, leaving Steve here to work from home.
I enjoyed getting to spend more time with the fam, but Addison just got more and more grumpy as the day wore on - even after a nice nap she was still in a bit of melt down mode most of the day. I finally decided to pack it up and head home again for the night.
Shayna came home tonight from a week at her Dad's. I was very anxious to have her back at home! It is nice when our family is all here - it just feels complete. I had high hopes earlier in the day that I would be able to make one final trip to the lake to spend with everyone before they leave and let Shayna spend the day with everyone as well. Unless Addison and/or Steve get to feeling better though, this is not likely to happen. Both are feeling very sick.
Neither are running a fever, but Addison had a very rough evening, and hasn't slept well so far tonight.
This could be a long night and an even longer weekend. :/
Comments